“The practice itself, done consistently and accurately, is the real teacher.” – Tim Miller
Having logged over 2,000 hours in the classroom with students ages 2 to 89, I’m registered with the Yoga Alliance at the E-RYT 200 level (the “E” stands for “experienced,” designating two or more years and 1,000 or more hours of teaching and the 200 stands for the highest level of training course I’ve completed) and I’m a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP). Forever a student of Yoga, I’m usually enrolled in some continuing education program or other.
My main teacher of asana and yoga philosophy is Ti Harmony, founder of Loving Kindness Yoga School in Carrboro, NC. Other influential teachers have included Allison Dennis (Heart of Yoga School, Carrboro), Will Walter (YogaWorks Midtown, Baltimore), Jason Crandell, Jill Abelson, Shala Worsley (Asheville Yoga Center), Prem Sadasivananda, and Sage Rountree (Carolina Yoga Company).
- 90-hour Anusara Yoga Teacher Training and Immersion, Quantum Yoga and Wellness, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 2004
- 230-hour Veda Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, Heart of Yoga School, 2011
- Anatomic Yoga with Ray Long, MD, 2011
- LifeForce Yoga for Depression and Anxiety with Amy Weintraub, MFA, 2012
- Sequencing Yoga Classes from Welcome to Namaste, Carolina Yoga Company, 2013
- Classroom Management and Safety, Carolina Yoga Company, 2013
- Teaching Yoga to Athletes, Carolina Yoga Company, 2014
- Vedanta with Prem Sadasivananda, Heart of Yoga School, 2015